Tuesday, October 20, 2009

First 100 days of MBA life

13th October 2009 is the 100th days of my MBA life.
I had taken
Accounting for decision making,
Organization Behavior,
Management Economic
Human Resource Managment

Currenly undertaking
Business Law
Marketing Management

Before enrolling into MBA class, i know there is alot of deficiency for me in business and management staff
Although from my working experience, and motivational/ management books that i read,
I feel that there is lack of systematic arrangement of the sequence of my knowledge.

Accounting for decision making:
Read the annual report from the first class until the end of the course.
Intoduced to the idea of Problem Based Learning
The ability to analyse annunal report and make investing decision based on key ratios
I am so interested that i immediately go and analyse DXN annual report , haha
The short coming, we are not taught of debit-credit part
Lecturer always said :"this is the part for your accountant"
Don't get word for word...
Learning accounting without understanding debit and credit is like
driving a car without knowing the buttons in the car.

Organization behavior
Dr Ho taught it using text-book based method, slightly inexperienced
Many concepts are applicable to our behavior
For example the BIG Five personality
Conscientiousness, Agreeablesness, Neurotism, Openess to change, Extroversion
From here only i realize my behavior as introvert disguise of extroversion
Everyone took me as extrovert include me myself,
Indeed
I am someone who can speak, can socialize around, love to be complimented,
But
my preferences is to spent time alone, do some self-reflecting, self planning
thats when i felt i was being loved and got recharged,
thats why swimming gym is my favourite sports

Management Economics
The subject required graph analysis and differentition,
the analytical skills required by every engineer
Definitely is my cup of tea!
I am so interested and curious until i read different economic books in library for their case study
How microsoft get involved in the anti-trust act with its Window95


Human Resource Management
Every manager must deal with human resource.
Learn about different right of employee, employer
Interesting subject taught by ineffective lecturer

Business Law and ethics
Topic sound dull, but this is my another favourtie
Law is simply everything of our daily life
It is so close to us everyday but we not realise of its importance
Worth paying to learn it!


Marketing Management
Doing the assignment, the marketing experience just came into my mind
Eg, market position, distribution method...


In short, everyday is a fresh start for me!
Whenever i am in the midst of enjoying the subject, the course suddenly ended.
Once it is ended, i start to get busy with next semester subject and too lazy to repick the subject
I am looking forward for gaining knowledge tomorrow
Thanks for the engineering course i had taken
Only now i realize thats a total different kind of knowledge,
This is my cup of tea because i always so curious of the subject
Learning is fun !

No comments: